1. What information or documents do I need to apply for a position with CSIS?
When applying for any position through our online portal with CSIS, please make sure to carefully read the job description as it will define what documents are necessary for your application. Each position requires different documents.
2. Where do I upload my application documents (cover letter, writing sample, transcript, etc.)?
You must upload all of your documents in step 5 of the application form. See photo below:
3. Who do I address my cover letter to?
Please address the cover letter to "To Whom It May Concern". There are multiple people at CSIS who will be viewing your cover letter so it is impossible to address the letter to one person.
4. The position I am applying for requires me to submit transcripts. Can I submit unofficial transcripts?
Yes, you can submit unofficial transcripts. CSIS will accept either unofficial or official transcripts.
5. Are there deadlines or closing dates for either internships or regular hire positions?
No, all positions are available for candidates to apply until the hiring manager has started the application review process or has filled the position. However, internships are typically posted in February for our summer semester (June - August), July for our fall semester (September - December), and October for our spring semester (January - May).